Baked flatbread topped with blue cheese, bambinella pears and caramelised onions with a finishing touch of some drizzled honey. It can be served as an easy savoury lunch with a subtle sweetness.
A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you a dessert Bambinella recipe. Whereas, for this post, I will be sharing a different way on how to use this bambinella pear by incorporating it in a savoury recipe. You will need a flatbread of your choice, which can either use a ready made flatbread, or a make your own one. In my case, I used my pita bread dough.
Then you just need to top it up with some salty blue cheese, in my case I used gorgonzola cheese, sliced bambinella and caramelised onions. That’s all really! Of course, all that’s left is to bake this scrumptious flatbread for about 10 minutes until the cheese is all melted and the bambinella is nicely browned. If you are cooking the flatbread from raw with the toppings on top and not using an already cooked one, the cooking time might vary. As soon as the flatbread is ready and still hot, drizzle some honey and nuts on top for some added sweetness.
If you don’t have bambinella pears you can easily use any pears you have handy as it works just as great!
Bambinella Flatbread with blue cheese and caramelised onions
- 2 flatbread
- 50 g gorgonzola blue cheese
- 1 white onion caramelised
- 2 bambinella (june pear) or 1 small pear sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- walnuts for garnish
- First, start by preparing and cooking the caramelised onions and the flatbread dough if you're going to cook it from raw.
- On top of the flatbread, layer the sliced bambinella pears and the gorgonzola cheese. Top it all with the caramelised onions.
- If using a ready made flatbread bake for about 10 minutes until all the toppings are cooked and the cheese is melted. If you're cooking the flatbread from raw, the cooking time will be of about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the flatbread is done and still hot, drizzle some honey on top and sprinkle several walnuts. Serve immediately.
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this recipe, please leave a comment below. Please also rate this recipe by double clicking on the stars below. If you did make this recipe, tag @apronandwhisk and hashtag #apronandwhisk, as I’m curious to see what you create!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list down below so to received the recipe updates straight to your mailbox!