These simple fluffy chocolate peanut butter muffins are the perfect dessert for your family! A chocolate muffin filled and topped with delicious peanut butter.
Chocolate muffins are the best! And how to make them better? Simple! Add peanut butter to them. Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together!
I personally am a sucker for a good muffin snack and these hit just right when I made them! Apart from being ready in minutes, they taste heavenly. My Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Muffins are always a favourite, however when I crave something more decadent and rich, these ones fit the bill!
Adding Peanut Butter
In my recipe I decide to top the muffins with teaspoon dollops of peanut butter. However, you can add the peanut butter in various ways. You can either fill the centre with peanut butter by first only adding about a tablespoon of batter in the muffin tin, then adding the peanut butter and finally top off with the remaining chocolate batter. Or else, you can also add the peanut butter on top and mix it in the batter with a toothpick before baking. You can also gently fold it in the batter before filling the muffin tin. Whatever method you choose from these, they will turn out amazing!
How to store these Chocolate peanut butter muffins
After completely cool, you can store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5 days. Another great way to store them is to let them cool and then freeze them, where they could last up to 3 months. Just let them thaw and enjoy! Or else, you can also heat them up slightly in the microwave to melt that good chocolate and peanut butter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g castor sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 80 ml neutral oil vegetable/canola/sunflower
- 85 g chocolate chips or chunks
- 120 g peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- To the bowl add the castor sugar, eggs, milk, neutral oil and vanilla extract. Mix well together.
- Start adding some of the flour to the wet mixture, and mix it in the batter.
- Finally, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin liners. Don’t worry if the batter reaches the top of the tin.
- On top of the batter, place teaspoons of peanut butter. You can either slightly mix it in or keep it as is.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this recipe, please leave a comment below. Please also rate this recipe by double clicking on the stars below. If you did make this recipe, tag @apronandwhisk and hashtag #apronandwhisk, as I’m curious to see what you create!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list down below so to receive the recipe updates straight to your mailbox!