Crispy sweet cinnamon twists served with a luscious pear mascarpone dip! A lovely quick sharing dessert or a sweet snack.
I adore baking and making desserts. However, most of the recipes call for a long method which takes time. Whenever I want something quick, I try to find ways to cut time short and most of the time this consists of using store bought doughs! Ready rolled puff pastry tends to be my go to. One of my favourite ways to use it, is by making these crunchy sweet cinnamon twists! You can easily eat these by themselves as a snack or a dessert. However, these cinnamon twists are perfect to dip in a rich dip. For these cinnamon twists, I chose to pair them with a pear mascarpone dip. This dip is an easy to whip dip, but the flavour is just so wonderfully delicious! I could literally eat it on its own.
How to make Cinnamon Twists
Making these cinnamon twist is relatively quick and easy! Start by preheating the oven to 200°C or 400°F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper. Then, make the cinnamon sugar by mixing cinnamon and sugar together. Open the puff pastry, brush with the melted butter and dust 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar. Cut 14 equal stripes lengthwise, this might vary with how thick you cut them and if your dough is already square/rectangle shaped or a circle. Twist each stripe on itself to create long twists. Place the twisted dough on the baking tray and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle over the remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake for around 15 minutes or once they have a nice golden brown colour. Take them out and let them cool slightly. Serve as is or else with a dip, such as the pear mascarpone dip I use here.
How to make the Pear Mascarpone Dip
Peel the pearl, boil or steam for about 15 minutes. Mash the pear into a purée making sure that there are no chunks. To the pear, add the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a luscious dip. Store in the fridge until ready to use!
Cinnamon Twists with a Pear Mascarpone Dip
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg for egg wash
Pear Mascarpone Dip
- 1 pear
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine together the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Open the puff pastry, brush with the melted butter and dust 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar. Cut 14 equal stripes lengthwise.
- Twist each strip on itself to create long twists.
- Place the twisted dough on the baking tray and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle over the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for around 15 minutes or once they have a nice golden brown colour. Take them out and let them cool slightly.
Pear Mascarpone Dip
- Peel the pearl, boil or steam for about 15 minutes. Mash the pear into a purée without any chunks.
- To the pear, add the other ingredients, mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a luscious dip.
- Serve this dip with the cinnamon twists!
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this recipe, please leave a comment below. Please also rate this recipe by double clicking on the stars below. If you did make this recipe, tag @apronandwhisk and hashtag #apronandwhisk, as I’m curious to see what you create!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list down below so to receive the recipe updates straight to your mailbox!