A truly decadent chocolate festive dessert. This Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake is the dessert you will be making with these favourite seasonal chocolates!
Every year and every where during this time of year you will be for sure bombarded with these little delicious chocolates. They are a seasonal favourite to enjoy and gift as a token to show your gratefulness during this time of year. Even though they are incredibly good as they are, why not make something of them and use the boxes you have been gifted quicker? This Ferrero Rocher cheesecake is just perfect for that. In addition, this is the ideal dessert you can have for Christmas or New Year’s day. It doesn’t need that much labour and the outcome is so amazingly delicious.
How to make this Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake
This cheesecake consists of mainly two layers; the biscuit base at the bottom and the cream and cheese chocolate layer. You will need to start with the biscuit base. Start by crushing the biscuits and nuts, then melt the butter and chocolate. Combine everything together and place firmly in the springform cake tin. For the cheesecake cream layer, start by mixing together the cream cheese, icing sugar, nutella and the crushed ferrero rocher. In another bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks. Gently fold in the whipped cream with the chocolate cream mixture. Once done, layer it on top the biscuit base and let rest in the fridge or freezer until set. Ideally overnight. Decorate with melted chocolate, crushed hazelnuts and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
How to store this cheesecake?
You can store the cheesecake in the fridge for about 2-3 days. Before decorating it you can also store the cheesecake in the freezer. However, I don’t recommend storing it in the freezer after decorating it as this might alter the texture and taste of the chocolate.
Can I use other types of biscuits?
Most definitely! For mine I have used the basic butter biscuits, however other plain biscuits will work just as great. In addition, for this cheesecake, chocolate chip cookies with hazelnuts will take this cheesecake to a whole new level.
Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake
Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake
- 500 g cream cheese
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 75 g icing sugar
- 150 g Ferrero Rocher crushed
- 150 g Nutella spread or chocolate hazelnut spread
- 200 g butter biscuits or digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter melted
- 100 g hazelnuts chopped
- 50 g chocolate melted
- chocolate melted
- hazelnuts crushed
- 10/12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Lightly grease a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Crush the biscuits by hand or in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. Add the chopped hazelnuts, the melted butter and chocolate to the crumbs and mix together. Press down the mixture into the pan. Place in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, icing sugar, Nutella and the crushed Ferrero Rocher. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream and fold it gently in the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the biscuit base.
- Place in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for about 6 hours.
- Once the cheesecake is set, remove from the springform pan. Decorate with melted chocolate, crushed nuts, and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this recipe, please leave a comment below. Please also rate this recipe by double clicking on the stars below. If you did make this recipe, tag @apronandwhisk and hashtag #apronandwhisk, as I’m curious to see what you create!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list down below so to receive the recipe updates straight to your mailbox!