A rich earthy white bean and artichoke dip. Made with few staple pantry ingredients, this dip will be ready in minutes!
White Bean and Artichoke Dip Ingredients
Fragrant with pantry essentials such as beans, olive oil, lemons, herbs, spices and garlic, this dip is a winner for when you don’t know what to make!
- White Beans (cannellini, navy beans, butter beans…) canned or cook them yourself from dried. The beans are what makes this dip extremely creamy!
- Artichoke Hearts, marinated the best! They will change the flavour profile of this dip with their sweet yet bitter earthy flavour.
- Lemon juice brighten the dip up while adding a touch of freshness
- Olive oil adds to the richness of the flavour and texture
- Garlic needed but don’t add too much raw cloves as they might over power your dip. Or else, use roasted ones for a more mellow and sweet flavour.
- Herbs and Spices add depth to this dip and make it more earthy with a touch of freshness.
- Salt and pepper add them to your liking.
How to make this White Bean and Artichoke Dip
This bean dip comes together in seconds. Add all the ingredients in a powerful food processor or blender, and blend until you get a creamy velvety texture. If you are using a strong powerful machine, you won’t really need to add anything else to it. However, if you are using a handheld blender or one which isn’t that powerful, you will need to help the dip with some extra water or ice, so that it becomes smoother and creamier. Plate the dip in a shallow bowl and top it up with a handful of fresh sumac onions and a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
How to store the White bean and Artichoke dip?
A great plus of this dip, is that it can easily be prepared in advance. Store this dip in an airtight container in the fridge for not more than 5 days.
How to serve?
Serve it up with cracker or crudités as a dip to nibble on. Or else, serve it as a side with your salad. Alternatively, layer this bean dip in your favourite sandwich or wrap and top it up with leafy greens and your favourite meats or tofu.
White Bean and Artichoke Dip
- 250 g butter beans (cannellini beans or navy beans) 1 can
- 200 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- To a food processor add all the ingredients together. Blend until smooth.
- If you want a creamier thinner dip, add a tablespoon of water at a time, to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve the dip into a shallow bowl and swirl the top with a spoon. Finish it off with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes and some chopped chives. Serve with some crackers or vegetables. Enjoy!
If you have any questions, feedback or comments on this recipe, please leave a comment below. Please also rate this recipe by double clicking on the stars below. If you did make this recipe, tag @apronandwhisk and hashtag #apronandwhisk, as I’m curious to see what you create!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list down below so to receive the recipe updates straight to your mailbox!